6 Different Types of Braces
Having crooked teeth can affect your daily life by giving you low self-esteem. The solution to this is to acquire braces. Braces work by straightening your teeth over time, giving you a beautiful smile and feeling more confident.
Modern braces are available in different sizes. You can pick what suits your taste from a pool of options. It is however advisable to visit one of best orthodontists in Dubai to advise you on which brace best suits you.
Listed below are the different types of braces:
Invisalign is one of the most popular braces adjustment Dubai method due to its removable nature. Most people opt for this set of braces as it contains no metal. The Invisalign works by gently moving your teeth into place using its transparent aligners.
Due to its secretive nature, it is almost impossible to tell that you’re wearing braces. This feature makes it the most suitable set for people who would not like to be seen in braces.
Pros of the Invisalign
- It has no brackets or metal wires, therefore, making it almost invisible
- The physical model of the brace gives you a rough presentation of what your teeth will look like after alignment
- You can remove it every time you eat, drink, and brush your teeth
Cons of the Invisalign
- The aligners will only be effective if you wear it for at least 20 hours a day
2. Lingual Braces
Lingual braces get attached to the underside of your teeth. Although they are practically invisible just like the Invisalign, this set contains wires and brackets. The wires and brackets will straighten your teeth by slowly moving them to the correct position.
Pros of Linguals
- They are invisible
- They fix a majority of teeth problems
Cons of Linguals
- It may take a few weeks for the tongue to adapt to the braces. They will keep rubbing each other at first
- They are more costly compared to other braces. This is because they require a high degree of skill to place them.
3. Self-Ligating Braces
These are one of the traditional braces that were used decades ago before the modern braces were introduced. However, you can still find them at the braces adjustment clinics in Dubai.
Self-ligating braces use clips to hold your braces in place. This reduces friction during brushing. It also ensures that the braces do not fall off.
- They are used to fix minor teeth problems, which makes them affordable.
- They give more accurate results since the orthodontist will have total control over how your teeth will move.
- They come in different colors, which gives you the chance to express your personality.
- They are visible. It may not be favorable to patients who would like their braces to be out of sight.
- The wires and brackets make it challenging to brush your teeth.
4. Ceramic Braces
This set of braces work just like the traditional braces. The upside to this set is that their brackets are made from transparent ceramic material. This feature makes it less visible as compared to conventional braces.
Pros of Ceramic Braces
- They are affordable due to their traditional nature
- They align teeth much faster compared to plastic aligners
- They are hard to notice
Cons of Ceramic Braces
- The thin metal strip gets discolored with time. This leaves markings on your teeth
5. Palatal Expanders
Palatal expanders work best on patients whose teeth are overcrowded. Overcrowding tends to make your teeth stick out in an undesirable manner. The traditional solution to crowded teeth was tooth extraction. This device works by applying pressure to the back of your molars and eventually moves the teeth further apart.
Pros of Palatal Expanders
- They offer effective results due to the complexity of their nature
Cons of Palatal Expanders
- They are costly to the average person
6. Traditional Braces
Traditional braces are the most common type of braces. Their wires and brackets are made of metal. They work by altering your teeth to the desired position.
Technology has made the traditional braces more comfortable due to their heat-activated feature. The arch-wires utilize your body heat to make them move your teeth faster and with less pain.
Pros of Traditional Braces
- They are the most affordable braces
- The heat-activated feature makes it less painful compared to other braces
Cons of Traditional Braces
- They are visible
Book an appointment Today!
Visit the best braces clinic in Dubai for your braces adjustment. They have highly skilled staff who guarantee a successful process. On top of that, they have affordable prices and FREE consultation.